I am an aquatic geochemist studying coupled geochemical cycles in lakes, soils and sediments, with a focus on boreal and northern environments. My research projects touch on the environmental and aquatic geochemistry of major elements and nutrients, on the modelling of water quality (reactive transport, diagenetic and lake modelling) and on the fate and speciation of metals and metalloids. I am particularly interested in the succession of redox processes taking place across reactive interfaces, such as the sediment-water interface and the oxic-anoxic interface in lakes and aquifers. I specialize in acquiring field datasets on the distribution of elements in the water column, sediment and pore water, and on their interpretation using numerical models. My research is often motivated by its application to solve urgent water quality issues affecting surface waters – such as contamination by trace elements, anoxia, browning and eutrophication - in the context of current environnemental change.
Laval University, Canada
University of Maine
INRS Eau, Terre & Environnement
Research Assistant Professor
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada.
Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Supervisor: Prof. Philippe Van Cappellen
Marie-Curie Early Stage Researcher
CNRS, Centre des géosciences environnementales (CEREGE), France
Supervisor: Dr. Jérôme Rose
PhD Water Sciences
INRS-Eau, Terre & Environnement
Supervisors: Profs. Charles Gobeil & André Tessier
20. American Chemical Society (San Diego, USA) National Meeting - Chemistry & Water, August 2019
19. Institut nordique du Québec (Québec, Canada) Conférencier, Musée de la Civilisation, Mai 2019
18. Université de Montréal (Montréal, Canada) Conférences départementales, Départment de Biologie, November 2018
17. Université Laval (Québec, Canada) Conférences départementales, Département de Chimie, June 2017.
16. Vannforsk (Oslo, Norway) Vannforskning i Norge, November 2016.
15. Stockholm University (Stockholm, Sweden) Department of Environmental Science and Analytical Chemistry, May 2016.
14. Center for Hydrology and Ecology (Wallingford, England) June 2015.
13. University of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)Department of Physical and Environmental Sciences, April 2015.
12. University of Tübingen (Tübingen, Germany) IRTG "Integrated Hydrosystem Modelling" seminar series, December 2014.
11. University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Canada) Ecohydrology Seminar Series, November 2014.
10. Norwegian Institute for Water Reseach-NIVA (Olso, Norway) November 2012.
9. University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Canada) Farvolden Day & Groundwater research symposium, October 2012.
8. Western University (London, Canada) Civil and Environmental Engineering, September 2012.
7. Laurier University (Waterloo, Canada) Water Institute, August 2012.
6. University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Canada)Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, March 2011.
5. Trent University (Peterborough, Canada) Worsfold Water Quality Centre Environmental Chemistry Seminar Series, October 2010
4. CEREGE (Aix-en-Provence, France) Centre européen de recherche et d'enseignemenet en géosciences de l'environnement, March 2010.
3. Institut de physique du globe-IPGP (Paris, France) Institut de Minéralogie et de Physique des Milieux Condensés, January 2010.
2. Lancaster University (Lancaster, England) Department of Environmental Sciences, October 2008.
1. IFREMER (Nantes, France) Workshop of the French Mussel Watch Program, November 2007.